Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
At Bricker Graydon, our commitment to fostering a vibrant mosaic of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is woven into the very fabric of our values. We firmly believe that embracing diversity not only enhances the quality of our work but also allows us to approach challenges with fresh insights and a collaborative spirit, ultimately leading to better outcomes for our clients.
Our Legacy of Pioneering Diversity
At Bricker Graydon, our commitment to diversity is not just a recent endeavor; it's a part of our legacy.
We take pride in being the first central Ohio majority-owned law firm to:
- Elect an African-American female attorney
- Breaking barriers by electing the first African-American attorney to partnership
- Championing diversity further by electing the first African-American woman to partnership in central Ohio
These milestones are a testament to our dedication to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment.
Our ongoing mission is clear: to attract diverse talent and cultivate a culture that recognizes and celebrates the invaluable contributions of every individual to our firm and clients. We believe that diversity is not only a strength but a strategic imperative, driving innovation and excellence in the legal profession.
Our Commitment to Inclusion
We proactively foster an environment where every member of our firm, from attorneys to staff, feels not only welcomed but truly valued and appreciated for their unique contributions. Our strategic approach includes empowering women and underrepresented groups to take leadership roles, implementing cross-generational mentoring programs, providing workshops to educate and address implicit bias with tools, offering alternative work arrangements, and driving recruitment programs exemplified by our Charles H. Walker Scholarship.
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Bricker Graydon is proud to have achieved Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Plus status, a pivotal initiative that underscores our dedication to fostering a more diverse and inclusive legal profession. By embracing and implementing the Mansfield Rule, we ensure that our firm is not only held to the highest standards of diversity but is actively engaged in practices that promote equity and inclusion at every level. This rule serves as era compass, guiding our efforts to enhance representation and opportunities for underrepresented groups within our firm, thereby contributing to a legal community that reflects the richness and diversity of the world we serve.
Collaboration for Change
Beyond our internal efforts, we actively collaborate with a diverse range of national, regional, and local organizations that share our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our attorneys generously contribute their time, talent, and financial resources to support these organizations, contributing to the broader cause of fostering a more inclusive legal community.
We believe that true strength lies in our differences, and together, we create a stronger, more dynamic future.
Bricker Graydon+ is dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization. We achieve this by establishing an internal resource and network group for LGBTQ+ individuals and their allies. Our commitment extends to strengthening connections between our firm and the broader LGBTQ+ community through engaging social events and meaningful acts of service. Additionally, we actively promote and support the development of Bricker Graydon's inclusive culture, business initiatives, and recruitment goals.
Walker Link Leadership Group
The Walker Link Leadership Group, an affinity initiative that strives to promote opportunities and improve the quality of work life for African American lawyers at Bricker Graydon and throughout the broader legal community.
This group has been responsible for:
- Our annual Corporate Counsel Summit, a day-long forum for in-house counsel to share best practices and hear from colleagues on diversity and inclusion in the profession
- Support of community organizations’ such as the John Mercer Langston Bar Association, the David D. White Scholarship of Capital University Law School, the Columbus Urban League and the King Arts Complex
Women In Networking Group (WIN)
At Bricker Graydon, we have a longstanding history of electing women to leadership positions.
Our Women in Networking (WIN) group celebrates and encourages the talents, attributes and experiences that women attorneys bring to the firm. WIN also provides opportunities for professional women to network in mutually beneficial ways and to support the needs of women and families at Bricker Graydon and within in our communities.
WIN is active in the following ways:
- Hosting periodic community-awareness charitable events to allow attorneys, clients and friends of the firm to participate in philanthropic activities and foster professional relationships with other local women
- Offering educational opportunities, including a “Breaking Down Barriers” program on cyberbullying, relationship violence and body image concerns and “ROX on the Green” self-defense instruction
- Supporting the involvement of women attorneys on boards and community organizations
- Supporting community organizations, such as the Ohio Women’s Bar Association and Foundation, Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD) and the Women’s Fund of Central Ohio
- office 614.227.8834
- office 513.629.2805
- office 513.629.2716
- office 614.227.2303
- office 614.227.8840
- office 614.227.4908
- office 614.227.8824
- office 513.870.6687
- office 614.227.2362
- office 513.629.2858
- office 614.227.4887
- office 513.629.2719
- office 614.227.8871
- office 513.629.2743
- office 513.629.2753
- office 614.227.8870
- office 513.629.2896