We actively represent clients regarding public records, open meeting laws (the Sunshine Laws), and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), ensuring public records requests are fulfilled promptly, meetings are held legally and violations are resolved when necessary.
We assist clients with the following:
Public Records Requests
Our team assists clients in responding to requests efficiently, ensuring compliance with legal timelines and obligations.
Open Meetings Compliance
We provide comprehensive guidance on adhering to the Open Meetings Act, including advising on proper notice procedures, meeting protocols, and executive session compliance.
Training and Workshops
Knowledge is key to compliance. Our firm offers training and workshops to educate clients on the intricacies of public records and open meetings laws, empowering them with the tools to navigate these areas confidently.
Our team assists clients in crafting policies that balance legal compliance with operational efficiency.
- Public records take many shapes and formsArticle
- Public Records Act nuances to be aware ofArticle
- New amendment to Public Records Act allows insurance investigators to obtain telephone numbers from vehicle accident reportsArticle
- Public records for private police in Ohio: A refresherArticle
- Kentucky Attorney General Weighs In On Open Meetings Act Video Conferencing RequirementsArticle
- Ohio public records law may require production of public records in readily-editable formatArticle
- Ohio Supreme Court rules email discussion violates Open Meetings ActArticle
- Public records for private college/university law enforcement: What’s next?Article
- Protecting trade secrets under Ohio public records lawsArticle
- Claims, Public Records and the Work Product ExceptionArticle
- Are legal bills public records?Article
- New Caps and Protections From Public Records Requests Aimed At Creating LiabilityArticle