Kylie Stryffeler is an attorney in the firm’s Education Law, Athletic Compliance, and Intellectual Property groups. She works with colleges and universities to ensure legal and regulatory compliance. With experience in supporting a major public research institution, Kylie has a deep understanding of the challenges faced by her higher education clients and partners with administrators to successfully address legal and compliance issues facing the institution.
Kylie is a trained and experienced civil rights and Title IX investigator, decision maker, and appeals officer. As an interim Title IX coordinator, she worked closely with students, staff, and university officials as they navigate the Title IX process. Kylie also frequently works with institutions to implement academic or employment accommodations for pregnant and parenting students and employees to ensure compliance with Title IX and various other state and federal laws. In addition, Kylie provides guidance on FERPA, the Clery Act, and ADA/504 matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Kylie worked as a consultant with Bricker Graydon affiliate INCompliance Consulting. With INCompliance, she conducted civil rights and Title IX investigations on behalf of public and private institutions.
Additionally, Kylie assists higher education clients with trademark and copyright matters.
Michigan State University, (B.A. with honors in Social Relations and Policy), 2015; Phi Beta Kappa
Michigan State University College of Law (J.D. cum laude), 2018; Articles Editor, International Law Review; Recipient, Trustee Scholarship; Recipient, Oehmke Family Scholarship
Member, National Association of College and University Attorneys (2021)
Member, Military Spouse JD Network (2023)
Presentations & Publications
- Athletics Hot Topics (Higher Education Free Webinar Series)WebinarRegister Now
- Pregnancy and Parenting in Higher Education Training Series (Day 2)Webinar
- Pregnancy and Parenting in Higher Education Training Series (Day 1)Webinar
- Copyright Basics (Higher Education Free Webinar Series)Webinar
- Advanced Title IX Regulations Training (Higher Ed)Webinar
- Title IX Regulations Training (Higher Education)Webinar
- U.S. Department of Education's Proposed Change to its Title IX Regulations on Students' Eligibility for Athletic Teams (K-12 & Higher Education)Webinar
- Rise & Shine with Title IX: A Training Series for Principals (K-12)Webinar
- Title IX Coordinator's Retreat (K-12)Seminar
- Pregnancy & Parenting in Higher EducationWebinar
- Proposed Title IX Regulations – An Overview for College and University Governing Board MembersWebinar
- Proposed Title IX Regulations and Implications for Higher EdWebinar
- What the Ohio Elections Mean for Ohio Higher Education InstitutionsArticle
- Accommodating Requests From Pregnant and Parenting StudentsArticle
- EEOC Issues Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: What You Need to KnowArticle
- Sports Gambling is Here and People are Paying AttentionArticle
- Pregnancy rights for college and university employeesArticle
- Is your athletic department required by the NCAA to do a DEI review?Article
- The saga continues: Are student athletes employees?Article
- President Biden signs executive order to support LGBTQI+ youthArticle
- New guidance on the attorney-client privilege & work product status of pay equity auditsArticle
- Speaker, “Investigation Insights: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques in Institutional Investigations,” National Association of College and University Attorneys, 2023.
- Speaker, “Pregnancy and Parenting Update,” Bricker Graydon LLP and Southern Illinois University School of Law, 2023.
Outside The Office
Kylie loves spending time outdoors with her husband and their energetic four-year-old German Shepherd. From exploring national parks, to long walks around her home in Northern Virginia, to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Kylie adores being outside. When she’s not working or spending time in nature, you will likely find Kylie reading a book or, more likely, listening to Taylor Swift.